At the District Conference, the clubs voted to participate in a joint Service/Advocacy Project for the 2014 – 2016 Biennium: To raise awareness of Violence Against Women and refer victims to a local organization for assistance. All information about this project will be located here.
7 Easy Steps to get started:
1. Set up committee for the district project
- Club decide on what area of violence against women they will focus on
- Investigate and interview organizations that provide services for that issue
- Choose the organization you will partner with
- Develop an agreement with that organization (see template on website)
- Agree on what information will appear on poster (poster link below)
- Launch media campaign
Where Do We Begin?
- Does your club want to work on your own or work with another club(s), developing something for your area.
- Decide on the type of violence your club would like to focus on. This may be dictated by your location, local issues and available resources. Discuss this with your club members.